
So, we all know it, but the NBA is rigged. I hate conspiracy theories but this one goes way beyond a theory. NBA Basketball is a product, thus they want to maximize prophets minimize cost. One way to do that is having the larger cities with the larger fan base perform well be it through rigging drafts or paying off refs. Now I love the Jazz and am thus a puppet in David Sterns game. Lets look at recent history. Last offseason there was a ref who was caught rigging games. The FBI got a hold of him and he was going to blow the roof off the entire league, but as quickly as the story popped up, it was swept under the rug. Now lets look at the teams that are doing well this post season, most are huge markets. I was always puzzled over why it was that the Spurs received such preferential treatment, but i just recently found out San Antonio is the 7th largest city in US. Now Phoenix is the sixth largest, so why would it be rigged for the Spurs? Well, the best (by best i mean most popular) Product they can put on the court is last years champ VS LA. LA is going to go on to win to face boston in a throw back game making it probably the most watched NBA finals in history. Watch it will happen. So the Jazz will do the best they can as always in an unfair system, but will never receive the credit they deserve.
3 comments:
We also think the whole thing is a big conspiracy, but money makes the world go 'round, right? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the Jazz take it this year, and I'm sure we'll beat the Rockets tonight, but we won't stand a chance against LA (I hate Kobe!). I was also bummed to see the Suns lose, we're going to Phoenix in a couple weeks were hoping to go to a couple of games. Speaking of the Suns, Barbosa looks totally cross-eyed in this picture!
I need more evidence, Diesel.
more evidence!!! What about the year the lakers played the kings in the western conference playoffs and bryant punched doug christie in the face right in front of a ref but since the lakers were down there was no call, what about the remarkable turn around the lakers and celtics have made the two biggest teams out there, or how bout the fact that small market teams such as the wolves squander in mediocrity. take that lol.
Post a Comment